Monday, January 19, 2009

Why I Like Dogs Better

Angie Has Better Manners Than That
A simple mundane trip to the grocery store is the epiphany for this post. It also serves as a realty check as to why I kinda, sorta, well hum....OK, like dogs more than people. There, I finally said it out loud. It feels good to just throw it out there for all the world to see. Remember, I'm that really really private kinda gal. Even dogs have a certain set of rules....dog courtesy so to speak. So why are there so many humans out there have none? YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE! You are the people, that, thank you Lord, were not on the U.S. Air flight that went down in the Hudson Bay without one casualty. Had YOU been on that flight, the outcome could have, indeed, been much different. The reason, you would probably trample a baby trying to save your own sorry butt! Yes, I have lived long enough to entitle me to use the word (butt) in public. If that offends someone, then please feel free to leave my little corner here in cyberspace. Now on to my story:
The grocery store was a little more crowded than usual for a Monday afternoon. This, of course, created longer than normal waiting on line. Here is the scene. There was the person at the checkout unloading a large cart full of groceries. Behind her was a very sweet cute little old lady with only a few items in her cart. She obviously had a curvature of the spine as she could not stand up completely straight. She gripped that shopping cart for dear life, as it probably was the only thing separating her from the floor. She did not utter a complaint as she patiently waited her turn. The store, not wanting unhappy customers, opened an additional checkout lane next to ours and the clerk announced that the next person in (our) line could move over to the new line. We've all experienced this.....right! At least those of us who are stuck with the chore of grocery shopping. Of course, that's usually the woman...there I go off in another direction totally. It's the ADD. So anyway, the very sweet cute little old lady is the rightful person on line to move over...but wait, wow.....easy there fella..as the (nice) guy behind me almost knocks the two of us, me and the sweet cute little old lady into the next isle. This guy was like a mad dog with rabies intent to make sure that no one would beat him to being first in the new line. Magazines were knocked off the racks and M&M's were flying through the air as he and his cart, (which had now become a lethal weapon) hurdled into us as he made his way to the new checkout opening up. You would have thought that there was a really good prize waiting in the other line or something. It's hard to get my head around the fact that the "prize" was that he got to checkout 10 minutes ahead of the sweet cute little old lady. Horrified and preoccupied with putting the magazines and M&M's back in their places, I just shrugged my shoulders at the sweet cute little old lady, as I was speechless. To this fella, I bequeath the "Rudeness" of the week award......Kat
~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sophie - The "alpha" dog

Sophie - The "alpha" dog
Dog that fits and sits on Windowsill