Friday, January 16, 2009

Helpful Tip to Remove Carpet Indentations

This Really Does Work
Today my post will be short and sweet. It is one of those hints from Heloise, or one of those other helpful people out there who have nothing better to do than convey ways to help us keep a neater, cleaner and better organized home. Based on the nice income she has earned from this, one would assume that there are many of us needy people out there. Prior to writing this post, I had no idea if there even was a real Heloise. Welcome Internet, I jumped right on and looked her up. Well here she is on the front cover of her book. The picture is fuzzy, but considering I have heard about Heloise since I was a child back in the days of dinosaurs, she looks pretty damn good! I hope that my showing her book front on my blog is not some kind of copyright infringement or something. I really can't afford law suits or fines right now and my dogs would be terribly sad to find that I was sent to copyright infringement jail. That said, give me a shout if you know I have violated something. My dogs will thank you. Now to the tip. We had four very large in diameter, indentations in the carpet in our spare room from a weight bench. When we decided to move the bench to another location I tried for several days to vacuum, vacuum and re-vacuum the areas to coax the pile in the carpet up. My efforts were useless so I decided to try this tip. I filled each indentation with ice cubes as was instructed. Now we get in to a little science here, but the water causes the expansion of the fibers which then make the fibers stand back up. Well was I surprised the next morning to find that there was not a sign of a prior indentation anywhere to be found. I did, however, have four very wet spots which was easily taken care of with a paper towel. So folks.....you know what to do to get rid of carpet indentations...........Kat
~~~~

1 comment:

  1. Great tip that will be tried Monday. :D

    http://musingsfromthehill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Sophie - The "alpha" dog

Sophie - The "alpha" dog
Dog that fits and sits on Windowsill